Wednesday, April 25, 2012

April in Colonial Williamsburg

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Isabella/Susan* reporting:

As promised, I'm reporting from Colonial Williamsburg this week. After a few technical glitches of the 21st c variety, I'm happily basking in the 18th c British colony of Virginia. I'll be posting about Georgian food, carriages, a fire engine, and - of course - clothing, with whatever else catches my eye tossed in, too.

Spring arrived about four weeks earlier here, just as it has all up and down the American east coat this year. As a result, the flower gardens are all in fine flower; the foxgloves (those tall spikes of color) are spectacular. Here are a few photos taken today to get you in the 18th c mood. Alas, the fine weather isn't supposed to last, so this may be the last blue sky I post all week.
*Why the double names? Here's the story.

5 comments:

vintagevisions27 said...

I miss Williamsburg in the spring! This is the time of year I usually make the long drive down from New England. But not this year, sad. Thanks for the lovely pictures!
-Emily

Sandi in OH said...

I love Williamsburg. It is lovely at Christmas time with their home made decorations on the outside of the buildings. We will be returning in the fall. Thank you for the lovely pictures. Sandi

Anonymous said...

Oh, I know you will have the most wonderful time there. I absolutely love CW. Can't wait to find out what catches your fancy on your trip. Enjoy, it will go fast.

Hap Aziz said...

Williamsburg is just such a wonderful place for so many reasons. It's a perfect blend of history, culture, and peaceful beauty. If you're interested in tossing computer games into the mix, you might be interested in this Kickstarter project: http://tinyurl.com/75754ka. It will bring Williamsburg's history alive through Interactive Fiction.

Colonial Williamsburg travel said...

I am planning a trip to Williamsburg with my family and your pictures and comments have made me even more excited to go. I am looking forward to experiencing the beauty and history of this city.

 
Two Nerdy History Girls. Design by Pocket