Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Fashions for June 1824

Tuesday, June 5, 2012
Loretta reports:

June fashions from the Ladies monthly Museum.  You may notice a similarity to the the 1821 plate I posted in April, yet there’s quite a difference in fashion details.  Interesting, too, that the General Monthly Statement of Fashion includes a report on weather & its influence on fashion. (Please click on pictures to enlarge for readability.)




































Ladies’ Monthly Museum, Vol XIX, 1824 (June issue)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

At first I thought the white gown was a wedding gown, though it is unsuitable for morning.
You find the most interesting things.

Lenora Jane said...

Your posts keep having coincidentally great timing with respect to my research/etc...I spent yesterday looking through a bunch of early-c19th fashion...blurbs? Mini-reports? in the ephemera stack in my archive. Love this.

 
Two Nerdy History Girls. Design by Pocket