Wednesday, November 14, 2012

19th Century Men's Opera Boots

Wednesday, November 14, 2012
Loretta reports:

Thanks to Isabella/Susan for sending me the link to this wonderful item of male attire.  As you’ve heard us mention/complain from time to time, men’s historical clothing as well as info about same are not so plentiful as information about women’s.  This dress boot was new to me, and I do agree with the anonymous Cavalry Officer that it’s a great concept.  Also great looking.  I would wear these!

The photo is courtesy the Victorian & Albert Museum, and you can learn more about this item by visiting the site here.


The description is from a delightful book, The Whole Art of Dress!, by a Cavalry Officer, 1830.



1 comments:

Elizabeth Varadan, Author said...

I agree. These are classy looking boots!

 
Two Nerdy History Girls. Design by Pocket